Wednesday, April 20, 2011


I chose this picture because of its symbolism of spring. Now that the weather is getting nicer, things are starting to bloom and I think that this picture represents this very well. I like how the photographer captures the flowers at a lower level as if you were laying on the ground looking at these flowers. The angle is also interesting because it focuses on three flowers in the center, while the other flowers and grass are blurred out to focus the audience's attention. I also like the color in this photo because purple and white are definitely representing the spring season and it gives the photo a lively feel to it. In addition to the colors and spring like theme, the position of the grass and flowers were also interesting to me. This is because at first glance, this photo can look like a painting due to the way the grass is positioned around each flower. I also feel as though this could be on front of a postcard when someone goes away on vacation.The photographer also used side lighting that really illuminated the flowers, bringing a peaceful touch to the photo. Side lighting on the one flower on the left also casts a shadow of what looks like another petal of another flower near by. This gives me an idea of the location of the picture (garden,back yard, baseball field, open field, etc.). Overall, this photo gives me a sense of calmness when looking at it and the focus on the three flowers with the use of the sun and grass around it makes it even more inviting to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment