Wednesday, February 23, 2011



I chose this photo because I liked how the animals in this photo are doing something out of the ordinary. The fact that the photographer captured two rabbits doing the same unusual thing (standing on two paws)is also fascinating to me. There could be various meanings that this photo brings to the audience. At first glance, I thought that the rabbit closest to the viewer was standing on two paws in front of a mirror and the rabbit furthest from the viewer was the mirror image. However, when I looked closer, I found that the photo was telling some sort of story. The rabbit closest to the viewer is a parent who is standing on two paws. The rabbit furthest from the viewer is the child mimicking his/her parent. I also liked how the photo was in black and white and not color. The rabbits' white fur really stands out in this photo and I think that if this photo was in color it would take away the focus of the two rabbits doing a trick. Another thing that caught my eye in this photo is the arch in the rabbit's back closest to the audience. His back curves in a way that frames the second rabbit doing the trick in the background. This gives the photo some shape and an artistic view.

No comments:

Post a Comment